Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Computer Desk


I've been hunting for a computer desk since we moved here. I've checked Craigslist, thrift stores, costco, yard sales, everywhere.
We really wanted a desk with several drawers to stash supplies, file bills, etc.

I saw this after dropping off the kids at the middle school. It looked pretty bad but I knew it had such potential. It's a pretty nice old desk, possibly built in the 30's or 40's. So I left a note and returned with Willie's truck.

I spent about 2 1/2 hours sanding on Saturday. I was a bit grumpy about it, but at the same time I love the way the stain comes right off with an orbital sander. Wow! orbital sanders ROCK! I think it already looks beautiful.
Believe it or not, I am not painting it. Willie and I decided it is such a nice piece that it would look better stained. Stay tuned for the results. Hopefully we can finsh this Saturday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment