Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frugal Living

We have always lived frugally not only because of necessity but because it's smart. Our church leaders also constantly encourage us to live within our means and stay out of debt.

I have been inspired by some frugal and thrifty people to keep better track of my daily expenses. There are some expenses that we can easily cut down on if we are organized and a bit creative.
For example, we can shop at thrift stores for our clothes. I have found some really great clothes, curtains, fabric, plates, and even furniture.

My favorite brown corduroy jacket is from Gap, but I bought it at the thrift store. I have Gap, Banana republic, JJill, Guess, and other great clothes from thrift stores.
I have found Roxy, Hurley, Quicksilver, and other name brands my kids like. Do you know how much money I've saved? Tons!

We can also cut down on our grocery bill. We need to shop the ads and clip coupons. I am not great at the coupons, but I'm trying. Do your shopping and keep track of how much you need for your weekly meals and how much is going to unnecessary spending. You'll be surprised at how much you can save.

1 comment:

  1. I get daily emails from a website named freebies2deals.com. She scopes out the daily/weekly deals at various stores and online sites. Some seem pretty good, in case you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete