Friday, January 29, 2010

Bread Baking Day


Second rising after the bread has been shaped.
I later decided to put them in pans because they were spreading out instead of rising.
They weren't rising as much as they needed to after 4 hours, so I left them out overnight.

I baked them this morning at 6:30. Wish you could have smelled the kitchen. Yum!

The texture turned out great. The starter turned out to be pretty sour and my friend's recipe contains honey, so the flavor is sour with a bit of sweetness to it. A bit funky, but still yummy.

Overall, I feel that I have learned tons about baking and especially about sourdough bread. I've baked bread several times before and have always failed, so I had basically abandoned it for years. I'm gonna try again and make a couple of changes. I have the other starter that I need to try too. (the one made with yeast and sugar) I'll keep you posted.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment